We have several ways to protect members from the fees of overdrawing your account.
Transfer from Savings
We can make an automatic transfer to your checking from your share savings account to cover any insufficient balance. This service is provided automatically to all members with checking accounts.
Overdraft Line of Credit
Keep peace of mind and avoid embarrassment with a revolving low-rate line of credit that automatically transfers funds to your checking account to cover overdrafts.
Courtesy Pay gives you an added level of protection against unanticipated cash flow emergencies and account reconciliation errors. Transfers from your other overdraft protection options (Savings and/or Overdraft Protection Loan) will be used prior to Courtesy Pay. If you are a new, active account holder, you will be able to use Courtesy Pay 60 days after the account is opened.
Courtesy Pay provides overdraft protection on payments in the following categories:
- Written checks
- ACH withdrawals
- Cashed On-Us Checks
- In-branch withdrawals
As long as you maintain your account in good standing, TruEnergy FCU may honor overdrafts up to the Courtesy Pay limit on your account. If TruEnergy FCU pays an overdraft, you will be charged fees as described:
- Courtesy Pay will allow your Checking account to go negative up to $600.00.
- You will be charged a $30.00 Courtesy Pay Fee each time we pay to cover an item for you.
- You will not be charged a Courtesy Pay fee for each day your account remains overdrawn. If your account has a negative balance for more than 45 days, TruEnergy FCU may suspend your account and take other steps to recover the funds.
- There is no limit on the total Courtesy Pay fees charged for overdrawing your account.
- No interest will be charged on the Courtesy Pay overdraft balance.
Read full Courtesy Pay (Overdraft Protection Program) Disclosure
Overdraft Protection Benefits
- Helps protect your credit rating
- Saves you the cost of Non-Sufficient-Funds fees
- Easy payment options
- Amounts from $500 to $10,000